Do you have high blood pressure? If so, you’re not alone. Millions of people are affected by hypertension each year. There are many ways to treat this condition, but one program that has been shown to be very effective is WILDFIT. In this blog post, we will discuss the science behind how WILDFIT lowers blood pressure and helps improve cardiovascular health.
From a Functional Medicine perspective, WILDFIT helps lower blood pressure by addressing relatively common root causes of hypertension. By addressing these underlying issues, blood pressure is lowered naturally. Here are the common contributors:
- Insulin resistance – High blood sugar causes oxidative damage to the lining of the arteries. The wear and tear on the lining of the blood vessels can attract a strong immune response. The immune system deposits LDL cholesterol into the lining of the arteries to repair the damage. This can attract plaque buildup, which can further worsen issues with regard to blood pressure. WILDFIT helps to normalize blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity. How do you know if you have insulin resistance? Fasting blood sugar persistently above 90 mg/dl is a likely indicator of some level of insulin resistance.
- Chronic dehydration – Hydration is critical for optimal electrolyte function in keeping the blood vessels relaxed. When we are chronically dehydrated, our blood vessels constrict and this can lead to high blood pressure. WILDFIT helps improve hydration by prioritizing water intake.
- Insufficient Magnesium and Potassium – These two minerals are critical for keeping the blood vessels relaxed. When we are deficient in either one of them, our blood vessels constrict and this can lead to high blood pressure. WILDFIT helps improve magnesium and potassium levels through optimizing the intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Excessive Salt Intake – Too much salt from highly processed foods can lead to water retention and high blood pressure. WILDFIT helps improve salt intake by avoiding processed foods and emphasizing whole, nutrient dense foods.
- Chronic Stress – When we are in fight or flight mode, our body releases the hormone cortisol. Cortisol can lead to increased blood sugar and inflammation. Both of these conditions can worsen hypertension. WILDFIT helps to lower stress levels by teaching participants how to manage stress through breath work.
- Sedentary Lifestyle – A sedentary lifestyle can lead to many health problems, one of which is high blood pressure. WILDFIT helps improve cardiovascular health through intentional movement and physical activity.
- Inflammation – Highly processed foods are full of chemicals, sugar, and unhealthy fats. These substances can lead to inflammation in the body. WILDFIT helps to decrease inflammation by avoiding processed foods and emphasizing whole, nutrient dense foods.
As you can see, there are many ways that WILDFIT helps to lower blood pressure naturally.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, try out the first 14 days here.
Quick and Easy WILDFIT Snack Recipes.